Wednesday 4 May 2011

OBL: Dead or Alive

The world was still in the euphoria of the royal wedding when the news started diffusing that American troop might have killed Osama Bin Laden. I turned on my TV set and tuned to Aljazeera, though it was confirmed he had been killed, I was not satisfied. I tuned to BBC, later to CNN, but to my utmost surprise, no station could show us the dead body of Osama, I kept changing the channels to see if I could at least see from any of the foreign station a picture of his dead body, all they keep showing are picture of a room stained with blood, damaged chopper and so on, they even went on to say he’d been buried at sea after they (American soldiers) performed Muslim right.
This raised some questions “WHY THE SECRECY”? Who is hiding who?  From who? What? Is America treating his corpse as classified? I think the world deserve more openness from the American government, I am finding it very difficult to believe he is dead just as I found it difficult to believe he had been eluding the Americans since a decade ago

No comments:

Post a Comment